Thursday, February 27, 2014

Last night I went to Wednesday night hooking

Everyone was very surprised to see 10 people together after a long winter of cold temperatures and bad roads.  It seemed that every Wednesday night I settled down and stayed home because of one or the other and I am sure that many others did as well.  With the time change coming up in a week or two there will be more light and travel will be easier.
Mary Jones, Susan Waddy and I each brought new books to pass around and Sandra Lewis brought a huge bag of recycled wool to share.  Sandra has started spring cleaning.

For Christmas I bought myself the book "Hooked Rug Storyteller, The Art of Heather Ritchie" by Lesley Mary Close. I have read it from cover to cover and it is a wonderful book full of pictures (many close up), stories and tips.
I have finished 4 rugs since last fall. Now I am making a scrap quilt so that I can get rid of the fabric and have room for wool. Honest, I am only buying what I need from now on and I don't need more fabric. It's getting difficult to find a place to store everything. With 2 hook-ins just a month away I can't imagine not buying new wool so I may have to start cleaning my sewing room soon.


A Big Boned Girl designed by Deanne Fitzpatrick. I made this Yoga Person for my friend Nancy and gave it to her for Christmas.

Another rug given as a Christmas present, to my brother-in-law, was a scrappy mat made with wool-of-the-month from Sande Gunning's shop River Gallery and Textiles.

For me to keep it's a mat designed by Carolyn Buttolph and again I used wool-of-the month from River Gallery and Textiles. She named it "American Quilt."

Check out Sande's website at www.rivergallery.ca.

No comments: